Saturday, July 19, 2003

I've grown up 'going' to Church. Why do I feel so lost and confused about how to live out my faith? I feel so frustrated...with church....with myself. I had a conversation with my Dad last night and I really came out of it feeling really...lost.

I've gone to the same Church all my life. I don't know any other way of doing it. But I know-for me and my family at least-we need to do it differently. My Dad thanks that to stray from the main-line denominations would be to stray into dangerous territory. I don't think so. I don't know what we're looking for for sure, but I know I can't seem to find it in this little town in Indiana. I need a mentor and we need to be discipled. I want to know the Lord better. I want to help others to do the same. I didn't realize how angry, hurt, and frustrated I was about all of this until I spoke to Dad. I feel so alone and Heather is so new in the faith.

I want to be a witness to the world and serve the Kingdom of God, but ....it shouldn't be this difficult.

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!

No comments: