Friday, September 05, 2003

church sucks

i just got done reading John O'keefe's "10 reasons why your church sucks" from the Ooze. (yes i realize it's an old article, but hey i'm new to this conversation) All i have to say is, "yep!". That about says it for the church i have attended for most of my life. That is why we do not 'go'.

I have really been lost in my head and frustrated lately due to the change. We refuse to do Church this way any longer. I'm not going to sit and argue about it. We will help to change things by our lives, our story and our conversation. Right now I'm just frustrated with it and we do not feel like cutting through a bunch of red-tape just to get nowhere. We need conversation and fellowship with other believers though. We feel kinda lonely right now. (i feel we have the right and i am learning to be thankful for this period of change, growth and uncertainty-i know we will learn to serve Him better because of it)

A confession....i really have been frustrated to the point of being short tempered lately and it really, really, really sucked. Grouchy with the kids and Heather. I felt like an awful person. I realized that with all the uncertainty about the changes now and those soon to come i talked about giving it to God, but i set and worried about it as though i had not. I tried to figure things out within my own understanding and it is just not going to work like that. And i have just not been able to set and enjoy the day. I spoke a while back about doing that, but i just was not successful. I have given all this to the Lord and I am enjoying the simple stuff now. I actually got to set and enjoy a sunrise yesterday. Very nice! I thought about how it was also setting on someone else’s day who has all sorts of struggles going on. I thanked God for the moment. What usually seems ordinary doesn't seem quite so ordinary when you try and look at it from God's eyes.

No comments: