Thursday, May 22, 2003

A look at some of the bigger picture from Amy.

I have really noticed the Lord at work in my life, in the life of those around me and those half way around the world from me-bringing his bride closer to him.

I have felt, in my life, a greater need for the spiritual-a way to be still and see the Lord's presence in me and in the world around me. I have at the same time realized the need more and more for His discernment. The more I try to focus on Him the more distractions arise.

Two questions:
1. "we will have to have a little discipline in choosing which subjects and scriptures we meditate." How do I do this? Seems simple enough but I find it hard most of the time discerning what I want from what He wants.

2. "we will have to choose the unique path He has each one of us on. These times are so exciting! but we need His discernment." How do I do this? He has really put on my heart a burden for the unreached and more recently a realization for the need to "engage the world." I understand that being in relationship w/ him and being in this world, interacting w/ my fellow travelers God is present and will touch lives. But how do I decide or realize what and where he wants me to be? How much is up to this blundering fool? I have been told to be content w/ where I am at. Obviously some are called to GO. Shy of a lightning bolt or a billboard how do you know? I have grown up in the Church. I feel I should be off the bottle and feeding on meat by now. Hebrews 5:12

Please tell me your thoughts on these questions.

No comments: