Saturday, March 13, 2004

what?/why?

George had asked about what we were doing in Indy or why we were going.

As far as a job goes my place at RGIS transfers. It will not be enough to take care of everything so I will be doing the job search thing as soon as we get there.

Heather and I lived in Indy for a bit before we got married and we have always talked about going back. (except when we were looking at going to Dallas of course) The past year to 2 years we have changed a lot. The Lord has been busy. It’s a good thing he has big hands otherwise they would be full with us. We have more and more viewed our lives as mission, but as disciples we feel we have sooo much to learn and Heather being a young Christian and I being new to viewing my life as mission and being young parents I have always felt that we needed to be somewhere where we could be mentored or at least in relationship with people who viewed there lives as mission as well. We are placing ourselves down there open to what God has in store for us. We are looking forward to meeting new people and expanding our relationships with Bill Bean and Riley Kern and I am praying that God is preparing a place for us with Indychuch. They seem to be in transition and I would love to be a part of the journey with them.

Really we are just down here to ‘get a life’ really. To live and learn and to share stories with whomever God places into our lives.

Our story has many blank pages and we are excited about what the Lord will have us do.

To sum it up: We have no idea what we are doing!!!! It should be fun!!

No comments: