Wednesday, March 31, 2004

To live to love

Being sick, Jess’s link and comments on this, watching the episode of E.R. where Dr. Green sees his last patient because he is dieing of a tumor, and just looking around at the lives of those who live in our apartment community reminds me how well I have it. Reminds me to be thankful for what I got. The life that I have. My beautiful family. Reminds me to enjoy my freedom in Christ and not get so stressed about what I am supposed to do with it.

My children are beautiful. My wife is beautiful. The growing baby in her belly is beautiful. My life is beautiful.

What an ass I am to ever take that for granted.

Stressing about bills seems so silly when I think about other people’s realities.

To live to love....

To enjoy the company of a stranger. An old friend. The laughter of my children. My wife’s smart-aleck comments....

To enjoy my life. To live it to the fullest. To love to the fullest. All done in/with/through Christ. That is what my neighbors need. What my family needs.

No comments: