Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Lent

I’ve not paid much attention to Lent before. In thinking about it today I have wondered what went through Christ’s mind as the day drew nearer.

He was alive and sacrificing his life daily through love and compassion in those forty days.

How do you prepare yourself for such a think?

Prayer is all I can think of. The contrite heart Alan points out from Psalm 51.

This time apart from the local church we had been attending, the baby growing in my wife’s belly, the clear and present danger of hormones, attempts by someone I used to work with to evangelize me through email and convince me that I am not saved because I do not speak in tongues, and all the rest of my life experience to date continually confirms to me one thing.......that they will know us and He who has sent us by our love for one another. And not just for one another, as in other Christians, but love of all those who don’t even love us. Those who hate us. Those who just don't agree with us.

What I will do for Lent is reflect on what that really means and looks like to love and be compassionate for all of ya’. Even those who have it out for me.

I have the tendency to be offended and want to argue when someone does not agree with me. That must go out when I flush with the rest of it.

Peace to you .

I hope your day is fully experienced.

ps - Keven Rains has a good Lenten post ...on waiting

No comments: