Thursday, June 05, 2003

Darren has posted a link to a conversation in response to his critique of how businesses put the word 'Christian' in their name and to the question why?

As you read this think about the number of new people "joining" your church. I also thought about "youth group". I know, when I was growing up, the folks around me would have come to hang out with me doing whatever, but as soon as I would invite them to "church" for "youth group"....."Heck No!" We do need to use the brain God gave us in our reaching out to a lost world and be carefull not to build walls between us and the people we are to love. (I'm not saying it's bad to invite people to this or say you are a Christian--just that all the scriptures and law and prophets rested on "love your neighbor")

I like this quote from Darren --"the most successful missionaries in my experience are successful not because of what they call themselves, but because of the way they are able to build relationships with those they are doing mission with."

And this one from "diddle" -- "How big is that barrier? About the same as the one you'd have to overcome to join a Muslim Paintball club."

No comments: