Monday, June 09, 2003

While I am away I want to let you all know some things I am thinking about and if you could share your thoughts with me about them or just share any thoughts with me I would love to get to know you all better.

:::On some of my previous thoughts Marc has said "it helps to make a distinction between your personal journey and Jesus working through many Christians and expressions of Church."

:::I don't feel that people should have to come through the doors of 'the structure we call church' to see us being church.

:::as much as I feel frustrated in the church group I am in, I know that Heather and I need some guidance and some good Christian relationships-for us and we feel we have something to offer in those relationships as well.

:::The winds of change are blowing through. When we get back from our little vacation I will be looking for a job and we will be moving in to our own place soon.

:::I don't have any examples of just getting out and being church to the rest of the world.

:::Yes. We are called to worship-together and in song, but what about the rest of the Bible??? Hmm? What about getting out and loving our neighbor? If shouting out "I am a Christian and my way is the only way" turns more people away than it gathers-is this loving my neighbor? How about I just be a Christian. Never deny it. And just trust in the Holy spirit to work through that. I mean really-the barrier is as big "as the one you'd have to overcome to join a Muslim Paintball club."-except for the reality of the Holy Spirit being at work.(maybe we should go into that Muslim Paintball club)

:::I don't know where to begin except to just be me and the Millers out there to the rest of the world. But we really feel we need to concentrate our efforts outside of the 'Church on Sunday' for sure.

:::We really want to find another way of doing it. Being it.

No comments: