Tuesday, June 17, 2003

I have gotten a job! I dropped off the application yesterday morning and on the way to and from the place I prayed that God would just open up the right doors and close the wrong ones because I alone am not wise enough to know the difference. I was told that I would probably get an interview right then and there and possibly be hired on the spot.(like any thing in life is ever as simple as you think). Anyway-she told me that she had hired three new people this weekend and she really didn't need anyone else, but she would put my application on the top of the stack.(thanks for the good word Steve) This morning she called and said someone didn't show for work so if I still wanted the job it was mine. YEA! Kinda feels odd because yours truly will now be a security guard. Yep. Me a rent a cop. Hee hee. Who would have ever thought that I, who use to spend all my time smoking pot and looking over my shoulder for cops, would one day wear a badge. I thought maybe a Bozo button, but never a badge. Weird!

A security guard?! Hmm.

Well, it's just part time starting out and it will be 12 hour shifts from 10pm to 10am Friday and Saturday nights. Which means I will be missing the service at First Baptist on Sunday for a while. I hope to be awake enough to make it to our Seekers group after work though. I really love the people and conversation. I will be looking to find a gathering or gatherings during the week. I think I might look over by the Purdue campus in West Lafayette. Maybe around the Chauncey Hill/Village. Not sure though. Will let the Lord lead. But I am here and willing to Go where he sends me.(I always have this feeling like - oh gosh what am I asking for, when I say that)

Please pray for my family and I. I have been home with the kids for a while now and it is going to be odd for all of us, me being away working. I like it that it is just the weekends to start out. Makes it easier on us.

I gotta say that I love my family! Heather, Mikah, and Kiara are the most wanderful people that God could have ever placed into my life. All the little problems and the BIG ones that come around just seem so trivial when I set back and look at my family. The children are getting so big. Heather just amazes me everyday the women God has helped her to grow into. If you were to have known Heather, even 4-5 years back, and then saw her today....you would be blown away buy the change. She really is a new person. I loved her then. I love her now. And I will love her always.

I love you all.....e-mail me.

No comments: