Friday, June 06, 2003

Scared and confused really is how I feel right now. I feel led to concentrate my efforts outside of the "church" and its walls. I pray that I have the prayer and support of those within my local church. -- I need them.

Again, I must remind those who visit my space that I do not think that the way Church has been done for years is wrong and everyone should leave it behind. I am saying that we as a whole have gotten stuck there. The rest of the world has been changing and we must change the way we approach it to be able to touch lives.

I want to stop "telling it from the mountain top" and go down into the valley and hang out with the widows, the beggars, the prostitutes, the Samaritans, the adulterers, the tax collectors, the skaters, the bar hoppers, my old friends I had left behind to get sober. There is a lost world out there who don't even know they are and staying in my church and inviting them in is not going to reach most of them.

I wanna get dirty!

No comments: