Tuesday, August 12, 2003

“The leader of a denomination once asked me after a seminar, ‘I am 100 percent convinced of house churches. But the denomination I lead is based on the traditional church model. What do I do now?’” - Wolfgang Simson

I am not a leader in my denomination. I am not a teacher or a deacon. I am but a man touched by the life, death, and resurrection of this man we call Jesus. I am a Father, a husband, a brother, a son, and a big pain in the butt. I have been going to this same church building with pretty much the same people all of my life. I have been brought up by loving Christian parents. Wonderful ladies teaching me in Sunday school and bible school. And you know the rest. All these people I have looked to for guidance and what not for years and now I feel God calling me to take a leap. Start walking the walk. In the manner of the ’housechurch’. Now all these people I looked to as “godly people”-they don’t agree with it. What I’m going to start calling the “wineskin complex”. Whether by word or action they have given me the opposite of support. Some folks acknowledge it but you can tell that they’ve invested so much time and money into this building and it’s programs…they couldn’t possibly think of doing it another way. For the older folks it’s been their baby per say. We’re not getting the support of the old wineskin.

So….we begin the change at home. More focus on loving Him and loving each other and those around us. Lotsa prayer. I feel like the existing church is choking us though. We need other believers. We are not sure what we are doing, but we are sure as His love going to do it.

We need to be discipled.

No comments: