Thursday, November 27, 2003

“life is not in the measurements”

After reading Amy’s “why standards and models?” post I am thinking about my holding back in my mind. My fear in all of this ‘deconstructing’ or ‘unpacking’ or whatever.
“When I am ruled by fear, I believe that I am only as good as what I can do. My vision only goes as high as those who have come before me, or it reacts to those who came before me. It is only as high as my education, or the faith of those around me. In other words, I continue to copy others' standards, or develop them, or deconstruct them. I become a shadow of worldly copies.”
She mentions,
“Each one of us is an imaging of God--a life that is based on a heavenly mold, God himself. But because God is eternal, and has unending ways of expressing His very nature, He will continue to manifest Himself differently through each individual that is born on earth now and to come.”
And,
“God is a God of diversity and freedom, and fresh vision. God tells us that each one of us is a unique manifestation of His divine life, and no one else can copy what we create on earth. His spirit also breathes new life and higher vision, of which He is the only ceiling. The enemy rules by homogeneity, stifled vision, and lies. "The Lord is THE Spirit, and where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom" (2 Corinthians 3:17). God is the very origin of life, of spirit, of vision, and where God’s spirit moves, new things happen. He is always fountain-ing. Let Him fountain-forth a vision for each of us of our beauty, as well as our outward expression.”
FBC and/or all of these other traditional churches are here and are what they are and God allows them to be. I am not to judge, but God is moving in me. I am unique and what he will do with me will be unique. Maybe I need to stop trying to ‘deconstruct’ or ‘unpack’ this, seeing that it may be out of fear that I am doing it that way, and begin moving in my own uniqueness. I forget that I AM FREE. Just start focusing on being Scotty and moving in, where and how he directs me to move. Being part of growing something new and B-E-A-utiful! His Church. However that may express it’s self. However we may explain it from time to time. And remembering that others are their own unique expressions. And there are those who, for whatever reason, do not express themselves so uniquely, but it is my job to do nothing more or less than love them as is. Not pointing out there fear or there difference from what I feel is a good thing, but just to love them.

I do not want it to become a fetish this being house/simple/organic/post residual/don’t-even-want-to-put-it-into-words kinda church. Don’t want it to be US vs. THEM. That’s BS! I understand mine and other’s frustration and anger about things, but let’s not forget to just love each other. And trust that Christ is going to shine through our unique expression of Him and remember we don’t have to try and defend it all the time. We are FREE! And that is something to be thankful for on this day.

No comments: