Friday, November 28, 2003

Pomo Trek

I seem to think a lot about discipleship. Cause at the end of the day that is what I need and that is what, in my experience, is lacking in the church. And also....... No. No also. That's it. I believe that for me to be discipled and for us to disciple folks that I know in the church and for us to reach those that I know out of the church there must be family like relationships going on. Loving eachother. Eating with eachother. On and on.

But first what is discipleship. What does it look like today? Here? Now? For me? For him? For her? Especially when we are talking about discipling the whole person. Is the structure that seems to frustrate me chocking the growth for others as well? What do we do about it? What are we will to change? About ourselves!?

I could go on and on.

These questions are so frustrating to me. Not only because I don't have the answers, but because they almost haunt me hourly! And I am nothing. I am no one. I know nothing. I have done nothing. I still haven't done much for the kingdom besides hold down a pew and ask whole lot of difficult questions.

Ah, but I am a prince! It is my duty as an heir to be burdened by these questions and to seek out answers....

These are the voyages of the noisyragamuffin. My mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new conversations; to boldly go where no scotty has gone before.

No comments: